Punchestown Catering will contract over 420 catering staff at the Racing Festival including 60 chefs.
A team of nine pastry chefs will spend 1,580 hours producing over 15,000 portions of handmade
Here is a sample of the range of food and drink expected to be consumed:
- 2,000 racks of Grass Fed Irish Lamb will be served.
- 7,500 Irish Fillet Steaks will be prepared.
- 1050 loafs of freshly baked artisan bread will be served.
- 1000 portions of the freshest Monkfish and Organic Salmon will be served.
- 60 kilos of great Irish Artisan Cheese will be used.
- 3 Tonnes of Fresh Vegetables and Organic Potatoes.
- Over 6,000 bottles of wine will be poured in the hospitality venues.
- 3,210 bottles, 36 magnums and 5 jeroboams of Champagne will be served.
- 9,600 measures of Irish whiskey will be served in the Punchestown bars.
- 124,700 pints will be poured by 180 bar tenders.
- 10,000 Champagne glasses will be used.
- An average of 45,000 burgers and 38,000 portions of chips will be served by the 186 strong mobile
catering unit crew.
- 59,000 cups of coffee will be ordered excluding corporate hospitality
- 25,000 ice creams will be purchased.
- 26,000 mini scones with cream & jam will be prepared.
- 48,700 sandwich portions will be handmade.
- 5,600 portions of beer battered fresh cod will be ordered.
If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.