Anybody who has ever left their phone charging all night should heed this warning.
The Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) issued a photograph of a partially melted USB charger.
A DFB spokesman said: "A reminder not to leave your phone or device plugged in longer than necessary or not to place on soft furnishings.
"Unplug before any damage."
If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.