File image
A woman told Naas District Court that her husband does not accept they are divorced.
The woman sought protection at a family law hearing and told the court that they divorced earlier this year and “he doesn’t accept that this is the case.”
READ NEXT Company that enforces parking rules in Kildare towns 'shouldn't have contract renewed'
The woman claims he wants to reconcile - but she does not want to.
The court heard she has a new partner and she claimed that her former husband has sent her messages and came to the house. The court also heard that he had access to the child.
It was alleged the man, who was not present or represented, had been verbally abusive on the phone and had refused to leave the home a number of times.
She claimed it was only when a neighbour, who is a garda, turned up that the man left.
She said she was extremely concerned and claimed she felt intimidated.
Judge Desmond Zaidan granted an interim protection order and adjourned the case to May 25.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.