Whitewater Shopping Centre are offering Kildare & Tyrone supporters FREE PARKING on production of the match day programme.
Meanwhile Gardai have released their traffic management plans for the crucial GAA game and the Irish Derby:
Kildare District Gardai wish to advise the public on 2 Traffic Management Plan for:
• Dubai Duty Free Derby 2019 Saturday 29th June 2019 1st Race 1.45pm at The Curragh Racecourse Co Kildare,
• Kildare -V- Tyrone All Ireland Football Qualifier. Saturday 29th June 2019 @ 5pm St Conleths Park, Newbridge, Co Kildare.
(1)Traffic Management Plan Specific to
The Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby, Curragh Race Course, Newbridge, Co. Kildare - Saturday 29th June 2019. Stiles Open at 11:30am – First Race 1:45pm - Last Race at 6:00pm.
All traffic attending are advised to use the following routes.
Traffic from the M1, N2, N3 and N4 will travel via the M50 to the N7 (Dublin / Limerick Road). Traffic will travel from the N7 (Exit 12) onto Ballymany Roundabouts from there to Curragh Racecourse. Traffic from the South East (N9, N78, N80, and M9) can travel via the Carlow or Athy routes through Kilcullen to Newbridge onto Ballymany Roundabouts from there to Curragh Racecourse. Traffic from the South / South West can travel via the N8, N7, M7 turning off at Newbridge exit (Exit 12 or Exit 13) follow direction signage to Curragh Racecourse.Traffic travelling from South East can travel via the N81 (Tullow / Blessington Rd) through Ballymore Eustace (R411) to Kilcullen onto Newbridge and then follow direction signage to Curragh Racecourse. A one-way traffic system shall only operate through the peak periods immediately prior and after the event. All race traffic will be controlled and directed by Gardai on point duty.
Car and Bus Parking will be provided on site and is free of any charge. All Parking Areas will be designated and Sign Posted to aid all patron’s entry and exit to / from the venue. Taxi are advised to use only designated drop off and pick up locations. All traffic is advised that once a one way system go into place approx. 1 hour before 1st race – no traffic will be permitted to Exit the Racecourse
(2) Kildare –v- Tyrone
All Ireland Football Qualifier, St Conleths Park, Newbridge, Co. Kildare - Saturday 29th June 2019.
Stiles Open at 3:30pm – Throw In 5:00pm – Game Finish Approximately 6:30pm (Pending Extra Time)
All Match traffic attending are advised to use the following routes.
• Any traffic travelling from the M1, N2, N3 and N4 can travel via the M50 to the N7 (Dublin / Limerick Road). Traffic will travel from the N7 and exit at Exit 10, (There will be electronic signage on the N7 before Exit 10, showing turn off for Match Traffic). At the top of the Exit 10 turn off, turn left going onto The Bundle of Sticks Roundabout, and taking the 3rd exit on this roundabout to Newbridge. Proceed to the designated Free parking entering Newbridge at Newbridge College Sports Grounds, under direction of Gardai on Point Duty at the entrance. (This parking Opens at 2pm)
Note: There are still significant Road Works (60km zone) from Naas to Exit 10, N7 and further road works from Toughers Naas to the New LIDL Depot on the outskirts of Newbridge
• Any traffic travelling from the South East (N9, N78, N80, and M9) are advised to travel via the Carlow or Athy routes through Kilcullen to Newbridge onto Ballymany roundabouts from there to designated parking.
• Any traffic travelling from the South / South West are advised to travel via the N8, N7, M7 turning off at Newbridge exit (Exit 12) from there follow designated parking.
• Any traffic travelling from travelling from South East are advised to travel via the N81 (Tullow / Blessington Rd) through Ballymore Eustace (R411) to Kilcullen onto Newbridge and to designated parking.
• Any match going traffic approaching Newbridge from the West and North of County Kildare, are advised to enter Newbridge along the (R445 Naas road) will be diverted into free parking spaces at Newbridge College Sports grounds.
Note – Newbridge College Sports ground is an 8-minute walk to St Conleths Park, under direction of Gardai on point duty.
Local Parking Arrangements for Kildare V Tyrone Match fixture:
The car park adjacent to St Conleths Park will be closed to parking on Saturday the 29.06.2019. This car park will be used as pre-ticket checking area, and containment area. Parking within the immediate area of St Conleths Park is limited in public areas.
Parking is strictly prohibited on Liffey View, and Liffey Terrace Road Newbridge, (In use as a sterile Emergency Route).
Parking on Footpaths along Athgarvan Road is prohibited.
Parking on the footpath where such parking obstructs the free movement of pedestrians is prohibited and offenders will be prosecuted and towed away if necessary.
FREE Parking is available at the following locations;
• Newbridge College Sports Grounds (800 spaces) accessed from Naas Road entrance under direction from AGS. An Garda Siochana recommend these Grounds are used by all traffic coming off at the N7 at Exit 10, to help alleviate traffic congestion in the town. It is an eight minute walk to St Conleths Park and there is Security in Place for the duration of the match. (OPENS @ 2pm)
• Whitewater Shopping Centre & Courtyard Shopping Centre Accessed from Industrial Road entrance (Across from Newbridge Silverware) under direction from AGS. (Free on Production of Match Program)
This is an all ticket match and fans will be granted entry so please don’t show up without a ticket, and refusal will cause delays and may offend.
An Garda Siochana recommend that all persons travelling to the match give themselves plenty of time to get to Newbridge, as the area will be busy with The Irish Derby also taking place at the Curragh Race Course.