Search

25/10/2021

'Clean your chimney before winter' - urges Kildare Fire Service

'Clean your chimney before winter' - urges Kildare Fire Service

Kildare Fire Service has urged householders to have their chimney cleaned before winter sets in.

National Fire Safety sparked an awareness campaign about fire safety with a number of initiatives.

An Open Day was held at Newbridge Fire Station on Saturday. 

Experts warned that soot and other materials in chimneys could cause a fire hazard in coming months. 

Kildare Fire Service said:  "If a fire starts within your chimney somewhere, this could possibly lead to disastrous consequences as it is hard to reach to put it out.

"The heat could possibly radiate into upstairs or attic spaces causing a fire in the home."

"By cleaning your chimney, you are extracting all un-burnt deposits and carbon build up to reduce the chances of this happening, therefor creating a safer place for you and your families.

#SaferTogether is the theme for this year so even if you have a fireplace or stove in a work premises such as a restaurant, please keep this in mind too for the safety of those eating in the premises.

"Larger amounts of people may be harder to evacuate should the situation arise."

To continue reading this archived article for FREE,
please just kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.