Here is your weekend Covid-19 (coronavirus) news round up:
- Ireland endured the biggest coronavirus spike, as 169 people now have the virus in the Republic of Ireland.
- There are 11 new cases in Northern Ireland, bringing the total to 214 on the isle of Ireland.
- GP's now have the opportunity to order Covid-19 testing kits online, as testing statistics are set to spike.
- Another person died in Ireland on Saturday because of the virus, bringing the death total up to 2.
- Temple Bar underwent scrutiny after pubs were bustling with tourists and Irish citizens.
- Pubs, cafes and restaurants across Ireland are shutting their doors to abide by containment and social distancing protocol.
- Simon Coveney Minister for Foreign affairs told over 20,000 Irish holiday makers in Spain to return to Ireland by midnight on Thursday March 19, 2020 after Spain declares a national emergency.
- The USA travel ban now extends to Ireland and the UK as figures rise in both nations.
- The Asthma Society Ireland has urged the HSE to release guidelines for those suffering with asthma and other respiratory illnesses in Ireland.
- The Irish government is now pleading with people to strongly reconsider travelling to other EU countries.
- A myriad of hoax remedies and tests are being shared through social media and WhatsApp, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is advising people to only seek information from valid sources.