Search

07 Dec 2021

Warning about fire risk of overloaded sockets

Warning about fire risk of overloaded sockets

Photo by Wicklow Fire Service

Householders have been warned to beware of overloaded sockets.

Wicklow Fire Service urged people to check for danger signs which may indicate an electrical fault or fire risk.

The warning signs include a smell of hot plastic, burning sparks or smoke coming from a plug.

There may also be appliance blackness, scorch marks around a socket or plug or damaged or frayed leads. 

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.