Householders have been urged to lock garden sheds and install alarms if possible.
Gardaí have encouraged people to take extra security measures to protect valuables such as bicycles.
If you store your bicycle in a shed, remember to ensure that the shed itself is locked and alarmed.
• Spend 10% to 20% of the value of your bike on two locks.
• Lock your bike tightly to an immovable object.
• Keep the lock off the ground.
• When storing your bike at home in a shed or garage ensure it is locked to an immovable object or another heavy item, e.g a lawnmower.
• Take a photo of your bike, note the serial number and email it back to yourself so you have a record of it forever.
• Lock your bike indoors or in well-lit areas if possible.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.