17 May 2022

Firefighters warn to plug out appliances before going to bed

Firefighters warn to plug out appliances before going to bed

File Photo / Dublin Fire Brigade

Firefighters have warned householders to ensure they plug out all electrical devices before going to bed. 

Dublin Fire Brigade said personnel were called to a smell of burning in a house earlier this month.

On investigation the burning was coming from a laptop which was plugged in charging overnight.

A spokesperson said: "Plug out any electrical items that aren’t needed, and never charge any item overnight."

"Charge your tech safely - never under a pillow or duvet."

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.

Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.