Firefighters with the pot which caused the smoke / PHOTO: Dublin Fire Brigade
A pot cooking on a stove filled a house with smoke and resulted in emergency services being called to a home.
Smoke alarms were triggered and Dublin Fire Brigade received a call from the alarm monitoring company about the incident.
A spokesperson said: "Firefighters discovered that unattended cooking was the cause of the alarm.
"The pot, and its contents, filled the house with smoke.
"This is a common, and avoidable, cause of kitchen fires.
"Never leave cooking unattended."
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.