Keep an eye on candles during Halloween weekend - Kildare fire experts
30 Oct 2015
Kildare Fire Service has warned people about the hazards of candles during Halloween weekend. The experts also suggested that flickering LED lights may be a safer option to create a seasonal spooky atmosphere. A spokesman said: "Nobody wants to spoil Halloween fun by being over-sensible, but nothing will spoil your fun like a costume on fire, or a room on fire. He added: "Be safe with candles - great atmosphere, but no fun if they start a fire. "Keep them in a safe holder, away from curtains, away from flammables, out of reach of pets and children and away from anywhere they might contact a costume." Kildare Fire Service asked householders to think about flickering LED lights instead of candles. Also, people were warned not to overload sockets if they've got lit decorations.
This website and its associated sites are full participating members of the Press Council of Ireland and supports the Office of the Press Ombudsman. This scheme in addition to defending the freedom of the press, offers readers a quick, fair and free method of dealing with complaints that they may have in relation to articles that appear on our pages. To contact the Office of the Press Ombudsman go to www.pressombudsman.ie or www.presscouncil.ie