Keep an eye on candles during Halloween weekend - Kildare fire experts

halloween fest
Kildare Fire Service has warned people about the hazards of candles during Halloween weekend. The experts also suggested that flickering LED lights may be a safer option to create a seasonal spooky atmosphere. A spokesman said: "Nobody wants to spoil Halloween fun by being over-sensible, but nothing will spoil your fun like a costume on fire, or a room on fire. He added: "Be safe with candles - great atmosphere, but no fun if they start a fire. "Keep them in a safe holder, away from curtains, away from flammables, out of reach of pets and children and away from anywhere they might contact a costume." Kildare Fire Service asked householders to think about flickering LED lights instead of candles. Also, people were warned not to overload sockets if they've got lit decorations.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.