National Hunt Jockey before Naas District Court

Facebook Twitter Google+
National Hunt Jockey before Naas District Court
10:19 Sunday 14th of January 2018

A national hunt jockey with 25 winners so far appeared before Naas District Court facing charges for no car insurance.

The 23 -year-old who has been a jockey for seven years pleaded guilty to no insurance.

Evidence was given that that the accused was stopped at Station Road, Newbridge, and could not produce insurance.

The car was seized but has since been returned.

Defence Barrister, Sarah Connolly, outlined that the accused had been insured in another car, but it broke down, and on the day he needed to get to work.

She said: "On the day, he needed his licence for work. Hopefully the court will not see him again. He is deeply apologetic."

Judge Desmond Zaidan imposed the Probation Act.

If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.

Related articles

Garda appeal over N7 Topaz robbery

Garda appeal over N7 Topaz robbery

Gardai are investigating an armed robbery of the Topaz filling station in Kill at 10pm on Monday night. Witnesses said that one man stood guard at the...

20 hours ago