Never leave candles unattended - Fire Service warning

Facebook Twitter Google+
Never leave candles unattended - Fire Service warning
19:15 Tuesday 14th of November 2017

With the nights closing in, we see more candles being used.

This candle's glass broke, but luckily it wasn't unattended.

Dublin Fire Brigade appealed to people to never leave a naked flame alone.

The Brigade asked households to consider LED candles as a safer alternative.

Candles on TVs

A spokesperson added:  "Never place candles on top of televisions.

"The heat from the melted wax can end up melting the casing releasing toxic gases and will eventually catch fire.

"LED candles are a great alternative, and much much safer."

If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.

Related articles

Obituaries for Tuesday, February 20

Obituaries for Tuesday, February 20

The death has occurred of Marie BARRY (née Cahill) Doneaney, Monasterevin, Kildare (Peacefully at home). Wife of the late Michael and mother of the l...

10 minutes ago
Death of Kildare man in WW1 recalled

Death of Kildare man in WW1 recalled

Above: Royal Munster Fusiliers soldiers during WWI The death of a Co Kildare man in World War One 100 years ago was recalled at the weekend. Private L...

18 hours ago