Housebuilder Glenveagh Properties has bought 11 development sites across the country, including two in Co Kildare.
The firm said the greenfield sites have the potential to accommodate hundreds of new homes.
The Co Kildare development sites are in Great Connell Abbey Stud in Newbridge and Parson Street in Maynooth.
Experts are predicting that the firm can deliver up to 1,000 units overall by 2020 - which would be a big boost for the under-supplied residential market.
Other sites acquired include:
- Proby Square, Off Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin;
- 20 Shrewsbury Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin;
- Burkeen Road, Keatingstown, Co Wicklow;
- Church Lane, Greystones, Co Wicklow;
- Old Connaught Avenue, Rathmichael, Co Dublin.
If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.