Search

18/10/2021

Firefighters called to tumble dryer fire - at 2am!

Firefighters called to tumble dryer fire - at 2am!

Firefighters were called to a tumble drier fire at 2am in the morning.

It's believed the appliance was turned on and left unattended. 

The incident happened in the Ashford area off the M11 in Co Wicklow. 

Wicklow Fire Service officers reiterated that electrical items should not be turned on unattended. 

A spokesperson said: "We only trust fridges.

"All other electrical items should not operate unattended.

"Never overload, always clean lint filter.

"Always have a working smoke alarm."
 

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.