Gardaí at Santry Garda Station are investigating the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of missing person, forty one year old Jon Jonsson who has not been seen since Saturday 9th February 2019.
Jon, originally from Iceland, travelled to Ireland on Friday 8th and checked into the Bonnington Hotel where a poker tournament was taking place.
Jon was joined by his partner on the Saturday who was also attending the tournament.
Jon’s partner left their bedroom on Saturday morning to get a coffee followed shortly by Jon, who was captured on the hotel’s CCTV in the lobby.
Jon left the hotel and walked onto the Swords road in the direction of the Airport.
Jon left his passport and phone behind in the hotel room.
A number of extensive searches have been carried out and Jon’s photograph has been circulated in the media.
His partner, family and friends are extremely concerned for his safety and well-being and are appealing to the public for their assistance.
Jon Jonsson was last seen on the Swords Road close to the junction with Collins Avenue at 11.07am on 09/02/2019.
It is out of character for Mr Jonsson to go missing like this.
He is a family man with young children back at home in Iceland.
His family are very concerned for his welfare.
- Appeal to anyone who was in the area of Swords Road/Collins Avenue at that time that may have seen Mr Jonsson.
- Appeal to anyone in the transport industry who may have provided transport for Mr Jonsson.
- Appeal to anyone who may have seen Mr Jonsson at a casino
- Appeal to any persons who provide accommodation in Dublin Hotels/B&B’s, have they seen Mr Jonsson
- Appeal to any land owners close to the area where Mr Jonsson went missing.
- Appeal to anyone at the Bonnington Hotel where Mr Jonsson was staying to contact us if they came into contact with Mr Jonsson on the night of 8th Feb and morning of 9th Feb to contact Gardai.
Contact: Santry Garda Station on 01 666 4000