ANSWERED: What are the restrictions on gatherings, weddings and funerals under Level 5?
Ireland enters Level 5 lockdown at midnight on Wednesday night. Below are the restrictions on social gatherings, including weddings and funerals under the new restrictions.
Social and family gatherings
If you live alone - you can form a support bubble with another household which means you ca visit or welcome visitors from one other household.
In your home or garden
- No visitors to home or garden, with the exception of visits for essential purposes (for example: family reasons such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, or as part of a support bubble).
Other settings outside your home or garden
- It is possible to meet with 1 other household in an outdoor setting which is not a home or garden, such as a park, including for exercise.
- No other social or family gatherings should take place.
Up to 25 guests can attend a wedding ceremony and reception, whether indoors or outdoors. Guests can break the 5km travel restriction to attend.
Up to 25 mourners can attend. Mourners can break the 5km travel restriction to attend.
Organised indoor gatherings
These are controlled environments with a named event organiser, owner or manager.
For example: business, training events, conferences, events in theatres and cinemas or other arts events (excluding sport).
- No organised indoor gatherings should take place.
Organised outdoor gatherings
These are controlled environments with a named event organiser, owner or manager. For example: outdoor Arts events, training events.
- No organised outdoor gatherings should take place.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.