By Kim O'Leary
Tesco Ireland has announced the 453 local projects that will participate in the new cycle of the Tesco Community Fund which commenced earlier this week on 9 July and for the next eight weeks, customers are being encouraged to use their blue tokens in Tesco’s 151 stores to vote for their preferred local cause enabling them to make a big difference in communities’ right across Ireland.
In Co Kildare alone, the Tesco Community Fund has supported over 720 local projects to date donating almost €180,000. For the next eight weeks Tesco’s stores across Kildare will be using their blue token to support a wide range of local projects:
- Shoppers in Tesco Celbridge will be able to support Primrose Gate Residence Association, St Patricks Park Residence Association and Thornhill Gardens Residence Association.
- Tesco Clane will be supporting Alzheimer’s Café Support Group, Eadestown GAA,Juvenile Section and Coderdojo,Naas/Sallins.
- Tesco Kilcock Express will be supporting Gavin Glynn Foundation, Birdwatch Kildare and Kilcock Svp.
- Tesco Kildare will be supporting Kildare Animal Foundation, Suncroft Young At Heart and Monasterevin Tidy Towns.
- Maynooth Extra will be supporting Maynooth/Kilcock Lyons Club, St Marys Brass And Reed Band and Leixlip Utd, Under10S.
- Tesco Naas will be supporting Naas Access Group, Cill Dara Drama Society and Rathmore Badminton Club.
- Naas Extra will be supporting Redwood Fc, Holy Child School and Naas Junior Badminton Club.
- Tesco Newbridge will be supporting Hope'D, Bridge Camphill Community and Kilcullen Senior Citizens.
Christine Heffernan, corporate affairs director Tesco Ireland, commented: “At Tesco we are delighted to be able to support such amazing local initiatives through our Community Fund. The Tesco Community Fund is open to a wide variety of good causes or groups so if you think you know a local organisation that could benefit from some extra funding, please nominate them in store today. And don’t forget to vote for your preferred cause each time you shop using your blue token, because it really does make a difference.”
The Community Fund helps a wide variety of local projects, supporting communities throughout Ireland by helping causes to reach their potential. Since 2014, Tesco through the Community Fund has helped over 11,000 local causes and projects by donating over €3 million in total.
Tesco customers can simply fill out a nomination form in store and every 8 weeks, three local causes will be selected for the Tesco Community Fund. And at the end of each phase, blue token votes are counted and up to €1,000 is shared proportionally between the three local causes. Further information and criteria for entry is available on www.tesco.ie/communityfund.
If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.