- Reduce risk of being dazzled by wearing sun glasses
- Ensure your windscreen is clear of grease or grime inside and out. Add windshield washer fluid to the water in the reservoir and check that the wipers are not worn away or damaged. Replace them if they are.
- Reduce your speed. Slowing down on the approach to junctions, corners and bends is critical.
- Watch out for vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists and allow extra space
- Be particularly aware of the dangers of sun glare when travelling east in the mornings and west later in the day.
- Pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists are advised to:
- Beware of the dangers that sun glare can cause to drivers. Make sure that the driver can see you at all times and beware of their blind spots.
If you have a story or want to send photos or videos to us please contact the KildareNow editorial team. via our Facebook, via our email at [email protected] or on 045 409350 during office hours.